How we use and protect your data
Our website and marketing is owned and managed by Robin James Salons Ltd (“RJSL”) registered in England and Wales with company number 04076420 and registered office address of York House, Coldharbour Business Park, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 4JW.
We are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically or physically with us.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. Whilst we will keep all of your personal information confidential, we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances as set out within this policy. We confirm that we will keep the information on secure servers and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force from time to time.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to The Compliance Officer, Robin James, 69 Cheap Street, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 3BA.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you browse our website, when you contact us about services, if you directly give us any information via forms, if you make a purchase or if you sign up to receive email newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
In running and operating the business, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. Your privacy is of utmost importance to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- Information you provide in order to purchase a service or product, enter a competition or promotion via the site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with the site.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. This information is recorded and used for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
- Information you provide to us by sending us a message through our website or via our Third Party Service Provider “Shortcuts” and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information or making a purchase.
If you receive a service from or make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to (where available), your IP address, operating system and browser type for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
Use of ‘cookies’
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist us in developing our website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of the site;
- to provide you with information relating to our website, products or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
- to process a purchase you have made;
- to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- for dealing with entries into a competition;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes;
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, promotions, offers, job offers.
- for our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website;
- to administer this website; and
- if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We will pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments and send you email). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
When you are using our secure online booking system, your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How do I opt out of marketing communications?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. After which, if you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the products and services we offer, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
How can I find out what information you hold on me?
Please email email@example.com we will forward all your personal information to you within a reasonable time frame.
How do I get my information deleted?
On receiving a request for information deletion by email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will delete all your personal data within 7 days and will ensure our Third Party Service Providers do so within a similar reasonable time.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com write to us at Robin James, 69 Cheap Street, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 3BA.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. When you make an on-line payment, we cannot gain access to your debit or credit card or bank account details.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. This automated processing is intended to evaluate certain personal aspects of an individual. We will use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Those aged 16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of young people aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information within and outside the European Union
Within the European Union (“EU”), information which you provide to us will remain within the EU, stored on cloud servers located within Great Britain and other EU member states.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Third Party Processing
Robin James utilises the services of third party organisations to process your personal data. As the data controller, Robin James determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Where your data is processed by any third party on behalf of Robin James, that third party is a processor under the GDPR. We confirm that we take steps in order to ensure that this data is processed lawfully under the law in accordance with each agreement that we have in place with each processor.
If you wish to see all third-party processors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will promptly send you a current list.
Review of this Policy